12 Ways to Wear a Sweater Dress Like a Style Star
The clothes we wear and the textiles they are made from can damage the environment and make us sick. Good thing there are some eco-friendly alternatives. Check out these seven fabrics, courtesy of Green America:
1. Bamboo—Bamboo is a hardy, highly renewable grass and is generally grown with few chemical inputs. The fabric also has natural antibacterial properties, breathes and is biodegradable. However, toxic chemicals may be used to turn the plant into fabric. The Federal Trade Commission mandates that companies using this process label their products bamboo-based rayon.
2. Organic cotton—More than 25 percent of the world’s pesticides are used in conventional cotton production. Organic cotton is grown without toxic, synthetic chemical inputs. Look for natural dyes or colored cotton to further reduce the amount of chemicals dumped into our ecosystem.
3. Industrial hemp—Hemp is rapidly renewable, requires little or no pesticides, grows without fertilizer, requires minimum attention, doesn’t deplete soil nutrients and is easy to harvest.
4. Recycled polyester—This fiber is made from cast-off polyester fabric and soda bottles, resulting in a carbon footprint that is 75 percent lower than virgin polyester. Recycled polyester contains toxic antimony, but some companies are working on removing it from their fabrics.
5. Soy cashmere/silk—This fabric is made from soy protein fiber left over after processing soybeans into food. The soy may be genetically engineered unless noted on the label.
6. Tencel—Tencel is made from natural cellulose wood pulp and is fully biodegradable. It uses Forest Stewardship Council-certified wood pulp and less-toxic chemicals in a closed-loop process.
7. Wool—Wool is renewable, fire-resistant and doesn’t need chemical inputs. Look for chlorine-free wool from humanely-treated animals. Organic wool is increasingly becoming available: it is produced using sustainable farming practices and without toxic sheep dips.
Even these choices are not clear-cut, says The Nature Conservancy. These types of fabric represent positive change, but have drawbacks. Clothes production in general has environmental impact, including:
- Energy—It takes agricultural energy to produce natural fibers and mining or processing for synthetic fabrics. Energy also is needed for production, processing and shipping of the fabric and finished product.
- Toxic chemicals—Pesticides, dyes and bleaches and chemical processing are used for fibers like bamboo or rayon.
- Land/natural resources—Natural fibers can require large areas for production and synthetic ones typically require petrochemicals.
- Water—Nearly all fabrics require some water use during production, with cotton requiring the most.
The way you use clothing can make an enormous environmental difference—as much as the type of fabric, The Nature Conservancy says.
Since all textile manufacturing has a fairly hefty impact, wearing what you already have for a longer time is one of the best and easiest things you can do to make your clothing more eco-friendly.
Other ways include buying used clothes, recycling what doesn’t fit and repairing damaged clothes rather than throwing them away.
Stay green!!! 🙂
31 Gratifying Times Celebrities Wore Something Really Affordable
8 Things You’re Doing Wrong to Your Curls
Article Link Below
Hope this helped 🙂
By: Holly Riordon
It’s hard to feel confident while naked, but it’s just as hard to feel confident while in your underwear. It doesn’t matter if you’re embarrassed to strip for your #man, get changed in the locker room, or just look at yourself in the mirror. No matter what your fears are, they can be conquered after doing a few simple things to make you feel and #look great in your underwear.
1. MATCH THE TOP AND BOTTOM
You wouldn’t wear a shirt and skirt that clash, so why would you wear underwear that clashes? When you match your bra to your bottoms, it’ll give you a burst of confidence. There’s something about matching those items that can make a woman feel empowered. If you don’t own any underwear that match your bras, head to the store to find pieces to add to your collection.
2. BUY THE RIGHT SIZES
Way too many #women buy bras that don’t actually fit them, because they don’t realize that they need a size smaller or larger. Check out victoriassecret.com to see if the bra you’re currently wearing is right for you. If it’s not, then the site will tell you what size you should be buying in the future
3. BUY THE RIGHT STYLES
Changing the style of underwear that you wear can instantly change the way you #look and feel. If you’re self-conscious about how small your breasts are, invest in a pushup bra. If you’re worried about the way your booty looks, try wearing thongs, because they’ll get rid of panty lines and will show off the curves of your #butt.
4. WEAR CLEAN UNDERWEAR
No one can feel sexy in a pair of ripped underwear. Even though most #people keep their underwear for up to a decade, you don’t want to wear anything with period stains or tears. If your underwear collection is super old, then it’s #timefor you to head to Victoria’s Secret.
5. HAVE GOOD POSTURE
It doesn’t matter if you’re clothed or naked–when you have good posture, you’re going to #look sexier. That’s why you should make a point to keep your shoulders back and head up high, even when you’re getting changed. It can also help to push out your chest and booty a bit in order to draw#attention to them.
6. BUY THE RIGHT FABRIC
The material that your underwear is made out of is just as important as the style of underwear you’re wearing. If you put on cotton #boy shorts, you won’t feel as sexy as you would if you had on a lacy pair of underwear. You could even invest in something silky, so that you balance beauty with comfort.
7. EXERCISE ALL OVER
If you want to feel gorgeous in your underwear, you should work out the areas that you’re feeling self-conscious about. Take a day to work on your glutes, a day to work on your abs, and a day to work on your #legs. Once your body is toned, you’ll never worry about anyone seeing you in your underwear again.
When you slip into something sexy, you’ll feel sexy. That’s why you should splurge on a new bra and some underwear in order to change your attitude about your #body. What’s your favorite type of bra and underwear to wear?
Leave a comment if this helped
She knows how to spice up a Little Black Dress.
INGREDIENTS IN THE FASHIONISTA COCKTAIL
2 oz. Little Black Dress Pinot Noir
.5 oz. Pomegranate juice
.5 oz. Lime juice
.5 oz. agave nectar
Garnish: one Lime wedge
HOW TO MAKE THE FASHIONISTA COCKTAIL
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice
- Gently roll the shaker to mix and pour into a tall glass
- Garnish with a lime wedge
Flavor: Fruity/Citrus-forward, Sour, Sweet
Cocktail Type: Modern Classics
Served: On the Rocks